In certain situations; planning or approval from local authorities may be required, especially when considering building a pond or lake in a conservation area, or an area of outstanding natural beauty. Aquatic Consultancy Ltd are able to assist private individuals, industry, designers & architects and public sector organisations with reports and applications required for a number of circumstances that might include;
- Planning applications for local authorities that may also include information for flood risk assessments, tree work or drainage.
- Licences required from the Environmental Agency for projects that may include de-silting or dredging to bank, fish removal or movement, construction of weirs, flood risks, abstraction or groundwater.
- Licences from CEFAS for registering fisheries.
- Licences from DEFRA for registering non- native species, such as Grass Carp or Sturgeon.
- Applying for consents from local water authorities.
- Advice on protecting endangered species.
If you are in the early stages of having a pond, lake or natural swimming pool designed, we can offer help and advice on legal requirements and many recommendations to assist with project planning prior to reaching tender. You may have an existing pond or lake that is unfamiliar to you; regarding depths, plant species or even if there are any fish present. Aquatic Consultancy Ltd are able to conduct surveys for old and new installations that might include;
- Site visits to ascertain viability of constructing ponds, lakes or natural swimming pools and their positioning.
- Meetings with designers, architects or local authorities.
- Surveying ponds, lakes and natural swimming pools to ascertain depths, silt levels, plant or fish species.
- Assistance with project planning.