Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement describes the online information practices which we Aquatic Consultancy Ltd (“we”, “our”) employ in relating to the information which you, our customers, (“you”, “your”) provide when using the www.aquatic-consultancy.co.uk website (“Website”). By accessing and using the Website you are accepting and agreeing to the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Aquatic Consultancy Ltd registered with the Information Commissioners Office under reference; Z104417.
1 – The Information We Collect:
- We collect personally identifiable information relating to you including name, address, phone number, e-mail address, (“Personal Information”) in the following situations:
Information you provide:
- When you contact us to obtain information relating to us or our services, communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
Information collected automatically using “cookies”:
- Whenever you interact with the website, we receive and store certain types of information using “cookies”. We describe how we use “cookies” below.
2 – How We Normally Use Information About You:
- We will only use your Personal Information for the purpose(s) for which you provide it to us – including, for example, to: respond to your enquiries, handle orders, communicate with you about orders, products, services, update our records and maintain any account you may have with us, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Website.
- We only share your Personal Information with our offices or authorised distributors where appropriate and with other entities only as described below. We ensure the parties with whom we share your Personal Information follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Statement.
3 – Agents:
- From time to time we employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending customer communications, analysing data and providing customer service. They have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- To prevent fraud or reduce credit risk we may exchange your Personal Information with other companies and organisations; with your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share your information.
4 – Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites:
- Our Website may contain links to other websites whose information practices may be different to ours. You should consult the privacy notices of those third party sites as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by them.
5 – Security:
- We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online.
- Please note that email correspondence with us is in free format text and cannot be encrypted. Accordingly please do not send any sensitive information such as credit card details or passwords via email.
6 – Cookies:
- A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the Website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- When you visit our Website we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways: To enable the personalisation features on our Website (which give you the ability to recall recently viewed pages and see information which you have input on line).
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our Website and to help us improve the structure of our Website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
7 – Disabling / Enabling Cookies:
- You can accept or decline “cookies” by modifying the setting in your browser. Please note that if you disable “cookies” you may not be able to use all the features of our Website.
8 – Revisions to this Privacy Statement:
- We reserve the right to revise this Privacy Statement or any part of it from time to time. Please review the Privacy Statement periodically for changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Statement applies from time to time to all information that we have about you.
9 – How to Contact us:
- If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or how we use your Personal Information you may contact us by email at email@example.com.
- If at any time you decide that you no longer wish us to hold or use any of your Personal Information or wish to change the use to which your Personal Information can be put, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10 – Controller of Your Information:
Information which you provide to us or we gather from the website is controlled primarily by: Our registered office is: 1A Berkeley Court, Berkeley Vale, Falmouth, Cornwall TR11 3PB Company Registration Number: 09449537
If you wish to know more about your rights in respect to protection of personal data, you should write to the;
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel. 0303 123 1113